Easy Vegan Parmesan Seashell Pasta
4 | people
Easy | 20 minutes
Deliciously garlicky, warming, and super quick in 20 minutes without any equipment. This Vegan Parmesan Seashell Pasta is the ultimate comfort meal that will have you going back for seconds.
With just 10 easy ingredients, this will be your go-to for easy meal prep, weeknight dinners and lazy sunday meals. Plus the natural tomato, beetroot, spinach and spirulina powder from the organic seashell pasta means that it not only looks and tastes great, it's also full of vitamins and nutrients!
🌱 = Get it from The Source
100g blanched almond meal 🌱
30g nutritional yeast flakes 🌱
1 tsp. fine Himalayan sea salt 🌱
1 tsp. garlic powder 🌱
450g organic seashell pasta 🌱
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil 🌱
1 tsp. whole black pepper, roughly chopped 🌱
1 small bunch of sage, woody stems removed and discarded
2-3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- To make the parmesan add the almond meal, nutritional yeast, salt and garlic powder to a medium bowl. Use a fork to mix until well combined.
- Bring a large pot of heavily salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook for 5 minutes (the pasta should be very al dente). Save one cup of pasta cooking water and drain the pasta.
- While waiting for the water and pasta to boil, put a large frying pan on the hob at medium heat. Add the oil and fry the sage leaves for 30 seconds on each side (they should be dark green but not brown). Remove the sage leaves from the pan and set them to one side.
- Add the black pepper to the pan and bloom for 30 seconds to 1 minute before adding the garlic. Cook the garlic for 30 seconds and then add the cooked pasta, half the parmesan, lemon juice, lemon zest and the pasta cooking water to the pan. Cook for another 2-3 minutes stirring gently to combine. Taste and adjust for seasoning.
- Serve the pasta topped with the remaining parmesan and sage leaves. Enjoy!