Omega Seed Crackers with Whipped Tahini, Salmon & Dill
24 | crackers
These seed studded crackers topped with creamy whipped tahini, smoked salmon, and dill makes the perfect canape for all your Christmas gatherings. Naturally gluten-free and just as tasty without the salmon so you can cater for all and any dietary requirements.
🌱 = Get it from The Source
For the crackers:
3 tbsp Organic Golden Linseeds, ground 🌱
250g Organic Omega Seed Mix 🌱
2 tbsp Nutritional Yeast Flakes 🌱
½ tsp Sea Salt 🌱
½ tsp Dill Seeds 🌱
½ tsp Rosemary 🌱
Source Cheat: Don’t have time to buy all the cracker ingredients? Simply pick up our pre-made Sesame Cracker Grab N Go bag in store!
For the whipped tahini:
100g Hulled Tahini 🌱
1 tbsp Organic Apple Cider Vinegar 🌱
½ tsp Sea Salt 🌱
5-6 tbsp Water
100g Smoked Salmon
Small Bunch of Fresh Dill
- Preheat the oven to 180C and line a rectangular baking tray with baking paper.
- Combine the ground flaxseed and water, mix well and set aside for 5-10 mins or until the mixture is thick and viscous.
- In a separate bowl, combine the remaining ingredients, add in the flaxseed mixture and mix well. Let the mixture stand for another 10 mins.
- Transfer the cracker mixture to the baking tray and use a baking spatula to spread and smooth the mixture out to the sides of the tray. The crackers should be approx. 3mm thick.
- Cut the mix into 24 or your desired cracker size, and bake for 30 mins. Turn the oven off and allow the crackers to dry out in the cooling oven (1-2 hrs).
- Break up the crackers along the cut lines and store them in an airtight container until ready to serve.
To serve: Place all the ingredients for the whipped tahini in a mixing bowl and use electric beaters to whip the mixture until thick and creamy (the mixture should resemble the consistency of cream cheese, add more water to loosen or more tahini to thicken). Serve the crackers with a generous spread of whipped tahini, smoked salmon and sprigs of dill.