24-36 | gingerbread people
Easy | 10 minutes
This recipe makes an abundance of super crisp, gently spiced and completely vegan gingerbread men. Make and bake them in under 30 mins and, The Source will provide all the goodies to get creative with the kids to decorate them.
🌱 = Get it from The Source
For the gingerbread:
115g Vegan Butter
1.5 tsp Ground Ginger 🌱
½ tsp Ground Cinnamon 🌱
1⁄8 tsp Ground Nutmeg 🌱
125g Organic Coconut Sugar 🌱
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
225g Organic Unbleached Plain White Flour, plus extra for dusting 🌱
1.5 tsp Baking Powder 🌱
¼ tsp Sea Salt 🌱
- Preheat the oven to 180C and line a couple of large baking trays with baking paper.
- Add the vegan butter, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg and coconut sugar to a small pot and place on the hob on medium heat. Stir occasionally until all the butter has melted. Remove from the heat and add the vanilla extract.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and sea salt.
- Make a well in the centre of the flour and pour in the melted butter mixture. Mix well until smooth dough forms.
- Dust a clean work surface with flour and roll the dough out to approx. 3mm thick. Use a gingerbread man cookie cutter to cut out as many gingerbread men as possible.
- Place the gingerbread men, well spaced apart, on the baking tray (you may need to cook them in batches) and bake for 10 mins. Allow the cookies to cool completely before decorating.
- To decorate, combine the icing sugar and water, mix well and transfer the icing to a piping bag fitted with a writing piping nozzle. Use the icing, dark chocolate drops and marshmallows to decorate the gingerbread men in your preferred design.
- Store in an airtight container to keep them crisp.