Vegan Savoury Chickpea Muffins
6-8 | muffins
Easy | 30-35 minutes
These scrumptious Savoury Chickpea Muffins are an easy and delicious vegan alternative to traditional breakfast muffins. Make this batch to have for your week’s worth of breakfast or as tasty filling afternoon snacks.
🌱 = Get It From The Source
200 gr of chickpea flour 🌱
1 tsp of dried oregano 🌱
1 tsp of dried basil 🌱
1/2 tsp of dried rosemary 🌱
1/2 tsp of black pepper 🌱
1/4 tsp of salt 🌱
3 tbsp of olive oil 🌱
300 ml of water
3 tbsp of black olives, sliced
7-8 sundried tomatoes, chopped or 1/3 cup of cherry tomatoes halved 🌱
small handful of grated plant based cheese or 1/4 cup of nutritional yeast 🌱
- Preheat the oven to 180 C and grease your muffin tin with coconut/olive oil or use muffin tin papers.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, dried herbs, salt and pepper. Then add the olive oil and water whisking to form a batter. (You can make the batter the night before and let it rest covered overnight)
- Fold in the olives, tomatoes, cheese or nutritional yeast into the batter.
- Using a small measuring cup, scoop the batter and fill each each muffin moulds almost to the top. (the muffins won’t rise so don’t worry)
- Bake for 30/35 minutes.
- Take out of the oven, let cool for a couple of minutes before removing the muffins from the tin.
- Serve them with some pesto or a dollop of coconut/almond or other yogurt of choice. You can also sprinkle some chopped smoked nuts and seeds on top for some added crunch.
- Can be made ahead of time and stored in the freezer reheating as needed.
This recipe was developed by trained chef and plant-based nutrition specialist, Alessandra - @sweetnutrition_byale