Christmas Cake In A Jar
8+ | people
Easy | 90 minutes
This moreish Christmas Cake is the perfect addition to your festive feast. Packed full of tasty figs, dates, prunes and sultanas, plus crunchy walnuts and aromatic Christmas spices it will take all your strength not to eat the whole cake!
- Preheat oven to 150 °C.
- Line the sides and base of an 18cm round cake tin with baking paper.
- Combine roughly chopped dried fruit, seeds from vanilla bean, orange zest & juice, olive oil (and beaten eggs or flax seeds if required).
- Add the remaining dry ingredients and mix through. You may need to add a little water at this point (particularly if using linseed).
- Spoon the Christmas cake mix into your baking tin.
- Bake for 90 minutes.
- Check with a skewer to see if it comes out clean – if not, bake for another 30 minutes. Cover the top if necessary to prevent over-browning.
- Cool, then remove cake from tin and decorate.
- Store in an airtight container, in the fridge for up to 1 month.