Superfood Bircha Mix
2 | serves
This gluten-friendly muesli will leave you feeling full until lunchtime which will help keep weight under control. Not to mention all the amazing benefits of consuming these superfoods everyday! Bircha Muesli in a jar also makes a fantastic gift! We hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
🌱 = Get It From The Source
35 g (¼ cup) flax seeds 🌱
80 g (½ cup) sesame seeds 🌱
75 g (½ cup) sunflower seeds 🌱
90 g (½ cup) chia seeds 🌱
40 g (½ cup) shredded coconut 🌱
65 g (½ cup) cacao nibs 🌱
70 g (½ cup) pumpkin seeds 🌱
70 g (½ cup) hemp seeds 🌱
75 g (½ cup) sultanas 🌱
15 g (¼ cup) diced dried mango 🌱
90 g (¼ cup) buckwheat 🌱
Recipe by Loni Jane @lonijane
- Dice sultanas and dried mango (or use a blender or food processor and pulse until they are in small pieces).
- Add all measured ingredients into a large mixing bowl, mix well then funnel into a glass jar and store in the pantry or fridge.
- Sprinkle seeds onto smoothie bowls, acai, smoothies, cereal or ice cream. Or soak overnight in almond milk (or milk of your choice) with coconut yoghurt and frozen fruit for a yummy Bircha museli on the go!
Hot Tip from the talented creator Loni Jane:
- "Soaking the seeds overnight ‘activates’ them, meaning it begins the germination process that helps break down the phytic acid (which is the acid that coats the seeds so they don’t turn into sprouts/plants when stored dry) and also enzyme inhibitors which the body can struggle to break down. So soaking the seeds overnight makes the nutrients a lot more readily available and actually increases their nutritional value and plus they go super soft?. Win win.
- I like to soak my Superfood Bircha in almond milk and coconut yogurt overnight with frozen blueberries so in the morning I just grab the jar out of the fridge and go! and don’t limit this to breakfast either you can have this for any meal of the day and it’s an awesome post workout meal too."