Gluten-Friendly Bircher Museli
2-4 | serves
Easy | 15 minutes
🌱 = Get It From The Source
2 cups Gluten Free Museli from The Source 🌱
1 1/4 cup soy milk (or other milk of choice) 🌱
1/2 cup apple juice
3 tbs lemon juice
1 green apple, grated
2 tbs raw honey 🌱
1 1/2 cups coconut yoghurt
Recipe By Rebecca Gawthorn @nourish_naturally
- Combine the Bircher mix, soy milk, apple juice & lemon juice and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, add the apple, honey & yoghurt.
- Top with your favourite fresh fruits and enjoy!
- Our Gluten-Free Museli can also be used to make delicious muesli bars. Simply combine melted butter and coconut nectar or honey with the museli, press into a shallow tray and bake in a medium oven for 25 minutes or until golden. Endless goodies can be added to muesli bars...try maple syrup or cranberries and cacao. It's also a great addition to smoothies, acai bowls, energy balls, muffins and cookies.
- Soaking is key to a good Bircher, especially if it contains whole grains like oats. An overnight soak helps break down the grains, making it more digestible and easier for your body to absorb the nutrients. If you make a big batch at the start of the week you can keep it in the fridge for a few days to use as you need. The soaking liquid is up to you – try milk, soy milk, yoghurt, kefir, coconut yoghurt, fruit juice or coconut water.