Smoked Almond Dip
8 | people
Looking to spice up your next dinner party (or picnic in the park)? Try our delicious Smoked Almond Dip. It's super tasty and super easy to make! Plus it goes perfectly with our Sunny Seed Crackers - which you can grab pre-mixed in store.
🌱 = Get It From The Source
300g smoked almonds plus extra for garnish (soaked overnight) 🌱
50g organic currants (soaked overnight) 🌱
3 tbs organic apple cider vinegar 🌱
2-3 cloves garlic
2 tbs nutritional yeast flakes 🌱
2 tbs lemon juice
1 tsp organic tamari 🌱
60mL olive oil 🌱
60mL organic tahini 🌱
1/2 tsp salt 🌱
1/2 tsp pepper 🌱
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper 🌱
Olive oil, sumac, fresh sliced radish and dill to garnish 🌱
Sunny Seed Cracker Mix from The Source Bulk Foods 🌱
- Place the almonds in a bowl with enough water to cover. In a separate bowl, place the currants and the apple cider vinegar in a small bowl, cover and leave both to soak overnight.
- The next day, strain the almonds, reserving the soaking liquid. Place the almonds, garlic, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, tamari, olive oil, tahini, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper in a food processor. Mix for about 2 minutes until mixture starts to form a paste, scraping down the sides halfway through.
- Continue to process while slowly adding 180mL of the soaking liquid, stopping and scraping down the edges as you go. Cover and place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to set.
- Prepare a batch of The Source Bulk Foods Sunny Seed Cracker Mix. These are easy to make by just adding water to the mix, spreading thinly into a tray and baking in a very slow oven. All the instructions are on the bag.
- To serve, spread the dip onto a plate. Strain the currants and sprinkle them over the top, along with the olive oil, extra chopped smoked almonds, sumac radish and dill. Serve with the Sunny Seed Crackers.