Gluten Free Veggie Paleo Bread
1 | loaf
Intermediate | 35 minutes
This bread is fantastic! It's amazingly tasty, easy to make and very filing! It also helps to use up your leftover veggies which is great, and goes wonderfully with smashed avocado, feta, ricotta, lemon & herbs. Recipe by I Quit Sugar.
🌱 = Get It From The Source
1 1/2 cups almond meal 🌱
3/4 cups arrowroot 🌱
1/2 teaspoon sea salt 🌱
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda 🌱
1 1/2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar 🌱
1 large (200g) carrot, grated.
1 large (200g) zucchini, grated with extra moisture squeezed out.
1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese (omit if following strict paleo diet or replace with some nutritional yeast.
2 tablespoons pepitas 🌱
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/325°F/Gas Mark 3 and line a standard loaf tin with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the almond meal, arrowroot flour, salt and bicarbonate of soda.
- In a separate bowl and using a fork, whisk the eggs lightly with the apple cider vinegar.
- Squeeze as much excess liquid out of the zucchini and carrot as you can. Add to the eggs along with the cheese and whisk well.
- Add the egg mix to the dry ingredients. Mix well to combine. Pour the dough into the prepared loaf tin and sprinkle with pepitas.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the top starts turning golden and a skewer comes out clean. Remove from the oven and transfer to a wire rack. Allow to cool for five minutes before slicing into 1.5cm thick slices.
- To freeze this loaf: cut into slices and freeze with a piece of baking paper between each slice and pop into biodegradable zip lock bags.