Lentil and red grape salad with creamy feta and a lemon dressing
2 | people (or side salad for 4 people)
A fresh take on lentil salad! With juicy bursts of fresh red grapes and a creamy feta and lemon dressing, this salad is the perfect vegetarian meal or side dish at your next picnic or dinner party!
🌱 = Get It From The Source
150g green lentils 🌱
50g pine nuts 🌱
50g sunflower seeds 🌱
20g parsley, finely chopped
100g red grapes (or strawberries, raspberries or watermelon) some whole, some halved
2 large handfuls of salad leaves
Salt and pepper 🌱
For the creamy feta
150g feta (swap for some plant-based yoghurt or hummus to make vegan)
100g Greek yoghurt
Pinch of salt 🌱
Zest of 1 lemon (save the juice for the dressing)
For the dressing
50ml olive oil 🌱
10g honey 🌱 (swap for maple syrup, rice syrup or agave to make vegan).
Juice of 1 lemon (about 30ml)
1-2 tsp Dijon mustard, depending on taste
Salt and pepper 🌱
- Rinse the lentils thoroughly, then place in a large saucepan of water with a pinch of salt. Bring to the boil, then cover and reduce to a simmer and cook for 18-20 minutes, or until cooked to your taste. Drain, rinse thoroughly until cold and set aside.
- Meanwhile, whisk the feta, Greek yoghurt and salt together in a bowl. Once creamy and smooth, stir in the lemon zest and pop back in the fridge to set slightly.
- To make the dressing, put all the ingredients into a jar, add the lid and shake until fully combined. Add more salt and mustard to taste.
- Add the pine nuts, sunflower seeds, parsley, grapes, salad leaves and a big pinch of salt and pepper in a large salad or mixing bowl. Once the lentils are cold, add to the bowl and stir through.
- To serve, spread some of the creamy feta onto a plate, then top with the salad and drizzle with the dressing to finish.
To make this vegan, you can swap out the creamy feta for some plant-based yoghurt or hummus. You can also replace the honey with maple syrup, rice syrup or agave.